A History of First Baptist Estero

  • October 20, 1957 - First service held in Old School Building with 22 people attending. Sponsored by First Baptist Church of Bonita Springs.

  • November 6, 1957 - Agreement with First Baptist Church of Bonita Springs to serve as mother church to the mission church.

  • January 1958 - First Revival service led by Dr. Zoller.

  • February 12, 1958 - Called Dr. Zoller as the first mission pastor. Serving until August 4, 1959.

  • December 1958 - Property purchased. In the summer of 1959, construction started on the first building.

  • October 10, 1959 - Called Rev. Richard Watson, who served until his untimely death

  • December 26, 1959 - He guided the building of the first building where his funeral was the first service held.

  • March 1960 - New building dedicated.

  • April 13, 1960 - Called Rev. J.E. Carroll as pastor.

  • April 9, 1961 - Mission organized into the Estero Baptist Church with 76 charter members

  • 1966 - Pastor Rev William Phillips served until 1968. Under his leadership, the bell tower was constructed.

THIS PAGE IS CURRENTLY BEING UPDATED!!!